Looking to train Substitutes in your District? No problem! This guide will walk you through the steps to an effective Substitute training including training prep, a day-of training rundown, and other useful resources.
Training Preparation To Do List
Print welcome letters and QuickStart Guides
- We recommend printing welcome letters and QuickStart guides for each sub, even if these documents have been emailed, it is helpful to have a hard-copy available.
Decide which Aesop Administrator will be leading each area of content
- It is recommended that all admins be present. Especially when you have different departments which have their own responsibilities within the Aesop absence process.
Outline the Aesop rules for your district that you will want to cover in the training
- We recommend utilizing the Aesop Overview of Settings Document, which will include cutoff times, cancellation policy, who they will contact, call times, and other individual permissions you may have decided on.
Day-Of Training Tips
Introduction & Explanation
- Introduce all Aesop Admins and clarify their role within the process. Example: “Martha, the HR Manager at our District, will be the Aesop Administrator. Any questions can be directed to her.”
- Explain why the district has chosen Aesop and what your district’s goals are with using the system. Revert back to the initial questions document to see what goals you clarified with your implementation specialist.
How Aesop Works - Video Link
Play the “How Aesop Works” video, which will give an overview of what Aesop is and how it works, including topics like absence creation and substitute placement.
Basic Training video – Video Link
Tips for Finding Jobs with Aesop
- Be proactive!
- Log in to Aesop on the web
- Call IN to Aesop to find available jobs
- Accept jobs through the phone when Aesop calls – Video Link
- Note: If you miss a call from Aesop, try giving Aesop a call back as soon as you can. The job may still be available.
- Find jobs on your mobile device with Jobulator
Managing Call Times
- Discuss the difference between morning and evening periods
- Explain cutoff times for accepting/cancelling absences (if subs have been given the permission to cancel)
- Point out that they can modify their call times and even turn the calling off if they prefer to not be called
- Note: Substitutes will have to accept the call time disclaimer
Advanced Training video (optional) – Video Link
Learning Center: Help and Training Resources
- Log in to a test substitute account and show the Help tab to open the Learning Center.
- Walk through the following sections:
- Show the “Questions?” link on the Sub Web home page, top right corner, to display District contact information if they have questions. Re-state that questions about jobs at the schools can be directed to the school phone number listed with the confirmation number.